Yaaar

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

B0RG COLLECTIVE War (part1)

It started with a bump, not just any bump mind you; we're talking an Orca being flung 98km away from an icebelt. You see, whilst bored one evening we decided it was a great idea to strap a 100MN MWD onto my Vagabond, and get it in a gang with speed warfare links and see just how fast we could get it going. My max speed was somewhere over 13k m/s, I don't remember the specifics at this point.

Anyway, we took said Vagabond to an icebelt near by and went to work. After a few bumps the trash talk began, and I was eventually convo'd by the CEO of the alliance who shockingly was not proud of owning New Edens 'Orca top speed' record. He was emboldened by the fact that we only have 5 members, and told me that if my members didn't stop what they were doing it would mean war. I told the CEO that I myself was participating, and having quite a lot of fun, to which he replied "we'll see if its still funny after the war" (it is). Moments later war was declared on us, and a Myrmidon and a few interceptors appeared around the Orca in the icebelt and dropped a can for us. So we re-shipped, myself into my Taranis and a corpmate into his Tempest. Being outnumbered 2-5 we decided to have them steal from us if they wanted a fight instead, and my Taranis would be the bait. So I burnt out about 50km and dropped 1 hybrid charge in a can. About 6 minutes later the stupid Myrmidon had slowboated to the can, and a Crow and Ares were orbiting my poor little Taranis. As he stole from the can I engaged half expecting the interceptors to engage me as well and get stomped by concord, but alas they just orbited me as I orbited the Mrym. A moment later my corpmate landed in his Tempest roughly the same time as an enemy Drake landed. We quickly realized the Myrm had a passive shield 'Oh god this is going to take a while' tank, and the Drake dropped shield rep drones on the Myrm, thereby agressing us. Maybe 2 minutes later the Myrm's drones were dead and its tank broken with my Taranis in structure, but of course it IS a Taranis, so structure is where I wanted to be. With only the Drake left it was just a matter of time before he too died, despite his 'I might need to go dock for more ammo' tank. All the while the 2 interceptors just orbited me at full speed, watching their 2 corpmates die slow, stupid deaths.

After the fight we took to scouting the target we had just provoked accidentally, during what was supposed to be a 'down' week for us. A small alliance, 35 members, 25 of which we were able to get intel on via battleclinic and the forums. These guys were perfect targets and they saved us the fee of the wardec. We then settled into making preparations to fight a 5v35 war and began waiting the 24 hours of grace period, this was going to be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment