Yaaar

Monday, March 7, 2011

B0rg war part 3

After the engagement of the first day there weren't any large battles for a while. When there were more than about 5 online, they would organize on the undock of a station and dare us to attack. Meanwhile we hunted their missioners. There were a handful of kills, such as when they decided to practice fighting each other with us one jump out. We popped a hurricane that still had the aggression timer. The war finished with just two moderate engagements where we had multiple people on each side.

In the first, I lost my tempest to their gang while permajammed by their Falcon and held by a scram/web crow. I still think I can kill them however with JD running his taranis against tacklers, so I move to Dresi where my 94km-optimal pulsepoc and bookmark set are. A manticore lands on station at 110km. I fire once - no shields, a few seconds later the picture disappears. I worry he docked and check visual, there's a wreck! I start locking pod....9 seconds. Lock! Pop! Giggle. I jump around the station for a while. They don't decloak the falcon or chase, so I dock. However, the crow from before is still on scan, so I grab a probing char. Scan scan scan...I get a hit and warp to it. It's the crow, sitting still in a safespot. JD warps in. Scram, web, pop, pod, scoop, salvage, gloat. It's almost like we've done this before. Then the falcon smacks that I won't engage because don't want to lose another ship. I figure the falcon must be ready to fight, so I head back with the pulsepoc. A rifter undocks... and flies straight at me. Volley one: 25% armor, volley two: no rifter. Then the falcon decloaks. I lock and strip the shields in the first hit, and volley two takes it to half armor. It dies with volley four. Maybe the 100mn afterburner had something to do with why it didn't warp off. We hang around a little bit more but it's obvious their fighting spirit is gone.

In the second and final battle, they have some battleships outside station, so we head over in a pair of Tempests to buzz them. Orbiting them at 20km, we wait while they take a minute to weigh the odds. Finally someone flings some drones at JD. We return fire, and their raven drops quickly, followed soon after by the dominix. They had a navy scorp outside station as well, but it docked after receiving the first sliver of shield damage. We were pretty sure the pilot never aggressed. We scoop the loot, including a Centum A-type mod from the domi. Two other characters undock, but they won't aggress. The scorp pilot then undocks in a drake, and decides to warp to different stations in system. I follow him with dscan, then warp back to station when he does. This time, however, he's not smack in the middle of a continent-sized docking zone. I see the opportunity, so I shoot past him, then mwd back out for a solid bump. Off station with no prop mod, he dies quickly to our battleships. So the war ended as it began, with a bump.

No comments:

Post a Comment