Yaaar

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Icebelt Thanatos, and returning to Lowsec.

After months in highsec trying (and somewhat failing) to just make ISK, I decided to once again go roaming in lowsec. Its apparent to me now... that lowsec is where I belong.

About 4 minutes into my triumphant return to lowsec I heard a voice. This voice came from every direction, as If the very space around me was speaking to me. It said "Welcome back my son" and then the gods of lowsec gave unto me, a gift of 'LOL' in a grand scale... Thanatos and Retreiver on scan... in an icebelt.

So I leapt into the belt in my Taranis, thinking I could pop the retriever. As soon as I had it locked and scrammed, I activated my guns and the Thanny scooped the retriever up.

Neooen419 > i wanted to just peacefully mine

Enraged that this asshole just denied my Retriever kill and astounded that he would risk his Thanatos to save a Retriever, it was time to call for backup. My friend Ospie logged on literally at the moment I had warped into the belt, He used to pirate in the area so maybe he would be nearby and be able to bring something heavy. Alas he was nowhere nearby (and I don't have cyno skills), then I noticed my old friend Fon Revedhort was online. Fon is a double/triple boxing lowsec badass who I first met when I had 5m SP when he helped me kill about 15 people. Well... Fon was just 3j out with a Machariel so I tackled the Thanny and went to work killing its Praetor 1's (Yes Praetor 1's). Fon arrived about the same time my Taranis was reaching low structure, and from there Fon did most of the work. I randomly re-entered the belt killed a few drones, and left, as my Taranis was on fire. Eventually the Thanny pilot recalled his drones and convo'd me, I took this opportunity to lay down a little more DPS on the Thanny's failing armor.

Joseph Dreadloch > ello
Neooen419 > nice hits
Neooen419 > any way i could covice u to stop?
Neooen419 > lol
Joseph Dreadloch > maybe with lost of ISK
Neooen419 > im actuallt suprized i hit you as much as i did
Neooen419 > how much u want i can negotiate
Joseph Dreadloch > make me an offer, if i like it we'll stop, if not we wont
Joseph Dreadloch > you've got one shot
Neooen419 > 500 mill?
Neooen419 > not gloating but i did have u close to deatrh i just cant webify
Joseph Dreadloch > sorry, your offer isnt acceptable
Neooen419 > rgr that

-KILLMAIL-

We decided the kill was worth more to us, so I would have refused any offer really, and neither Fon or I dishonor ransoms. So he re-deployed his Praetor 1's and I went to work killing them again. He died quietly and quickly left system without a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment