Yaaar

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Dread Space Log

So after last night I was convinced to start keeping a log of all the crazy things that happen to myself and friends in EVE online. I have hatemail logs, crazy conversations and such all saved in the notepad, but I'll just start with what happened last night, and maybe add some of my old stuff along the way.

So the night started with one of our wardecs going active, with several WT hulks and other smaller ships out in space. We were wondering if they were truly oblivious or what was going on. So we made a move and had a rookie in the corp sit on a gate a little ways down a highsec pipe that a retriever was traveling down, small stuff but I wanted the guy to get his first kill in the corp.

A few minutes later the retriever was dead, the corp rookie was happy, and I had accepted a convo from the WT CEO. Apparently they had paid the ransom we offered overnight, and when I logged on and immediately went hunting for targets, I hadn't even noticed. Now I've always at least been pirate affiliated in EVE, I've been an outlaw 3 times and ratted back, I've received my fair share of ransom payments whether its a fool I catch in a lowsec belt, or an industrial corporation in highsec, I always honor them and do not fly with anyone who doesn't.

So I apologized for the retriever kill and offered to reimburse the loss but the CEO didn't care too much, he was very brief and just wanted the war retracted. The ransom we asked for was probably pocket change for an established cap construction corporation, and a 10M ISK retriever was the equivalent of a nickle. Honoring this ransom was one of the hardest ransoms I've ever honored. A few moments after retracting the targets undocked all their exhumers and barges again and went back to work. I was sitting on gate in my Hurricane and literally watched as a hulk passed by, wondering if a character as old as the hulk pilot would be faction fit or not... eventually I warped off and started moving ships back to home base. If I stayed too long I might give in to the temptation of juicy... trusting... defenseless targets.

No comments:

Post a Comment