Yaaar

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

An Unlucky Target

An hour or so later, a WT from another corp who we had assumed was a ghost corp now, with most members having left, and the remaining members perpetually offline, finally logged on. We scouted her location and moved an Ares and a 500+ DPS hound into position on the outgate from her system. It took her about a half hour to finally undock but our scout was semi-afk and didn't give us notice. So I was surprised when a Maelstrom appeared on my overview, and I started screaming for the corp rookie to tackle it in his Ares. To my dismay the Maelstrom warped off as the rookie returned to his chair and scrambled to put his headset back on. He had gone afk without informing anyone and I thought we had lost a juicy target. I preceded to chew the rookie out a bit, and told him I don't mind AFKing when you need to but be sure we at least know you're afk.

Meanwhile I was stalking the progress of the Maelstrom WT in my Hound and noticed she was heading towards Providence, but it didn't seem she or her corp would have any standings out there, so essentially she was backing herself into a corner, with her back against 0.0, and her only exit through us. So the rookie and I sat on her outgate, the rookie determined not to fail again, and sure enough a few moments later we had her tackled. I pounded her with my hound but the cap stable tank fit on the maelstrom was too much for my explosive damage to break, so the WT began trying to shoot us and after learning she couldn't actually hit us, she returned gate, and jumped back into the dead end.

Knowing I couldnt break her tank I called for the scout to log out, and log on his Tempest, a heavy hitter who did EM damage, the whole in the Maels tank. The Mael came back out a few minutes later, and again we tackled her and I opened up with my hound. The Tempest pilot informed me he was nearby, and we called for the rookie to de-aggress and we let the Maelstrom warp to the next gate in the pipe. The WT convo'd me, confident in her tank, unaware of what was on its way.

[02:49:36] WT Maelstrom > 07
[02:49:44] Joseph Dreadloch > o7
[02:50:00] WT Maelstrom > i dont understand why your still fireing lol
[02:50:16] Joseph Dreadloch > i don't like these missiles, want to get rid of them
**I can't break her tank, and she decides to linger**
[02:50:29] WT Maelstrom > hahahaha
[02:52:12] WT Maelstrom > so why the war deck
[02:52:24] WT Maelstrom > are you just looking for lol barge kills ??
[02:52:38] Joseph Dreadloch > just need to get rid of missiles
**She warps to next gate, with Temptest waiting**
[02:54:37] Joseph Dreadloch > and ammo....
[02:55:32] Joseph Dreadloch > o7
**I close the convo**

The Mael lasted about 30 seconds after the Temptest arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment